The All India Institute of Ayurveda under the Ministry of Ayush signed an MoU with NICM Western Sydney University, Australia to appoint an Academic Chair in Ayurveda via virtual mode, on Tuesday (07/09/2021).
The MoU was signed by Professor Tanuja Nesari, Director, All India Institute of Ayurveda, Ministry of Ayush, Vice-Chancellor & President, Western Sydney University, Australia, Professor Barney Glover in the presence of Vaidya Rajecsh kotecha, Secretary Ayush & Dan Tehan MP, Minister for Trade, Tourism & Investment and Foreign Affairs of Australia.
The signing of the MOU between All India Institute of Ayurveda under the Ministry of Ayush with NICM Western Sydney University, Australia aims to appoint an Academic Chair in Ayurveda.
The objectives of the appointed Academic Chair are enlisted below:
– Managing academic & collaborative research activities in Ayurveda, including herbal medicine, yoga, as well as designing academic standards & short-term/medium-term courses and educational guidelines.
– To conduct workshops/seminars/conferences on Ayurveda & advocate the safe & effective use of Ayurvedic Systems in Australia.
– To identify the strengths & gaps in academic & research programs on Ayurveda, provide tutorials to students, including the promotion of research activities & innovations in Ayurveda in India.
– Further, the chair will provide academic leadership demonstrating & fostering excellence in teaching research & policy development related to Ayurveda, within the robust Australian regulatory framework.
– To develop strategies to promote the translation and integration of well evidence based Ayurveda medicines into conventional healthcare.
How Ayurveda is gaining popularity in the International Medicine industry?
The whole world is recognizing the healing power of Ayurvedic Herbs and Medicine today.
It is the result of the efforts made by the Government of India under the leadership of PM Narendra Modi that has significantly contributed to promoting the ancient Science & art of Ayurveda globally.
Further, Healthcare/Medical Tourism has played a major role in promoting Ayurveda across the World. People from different parts of the world visit India for getting various varieties of natural therapies. These therapies are based on natural & ayurvedic streams of healing.
Ayurveda during Covid-19:
During the Covid-19 pandemic, PM Narendra Modi introduced the countrymen to the health benefits of traditional Ayurvedic practices and advised them to boost their immunity by the intake of Ayush suggested Kadha/herbs.
And, these herbal formulations have significantly helped people increase their immunity. Further, India’s low mortality rate is a clear indication of the magical healing powers of Ayurveda.