Cruise Shipping, lately, is gaining a lot of traction as one of the most dynamic and fastest-growing components of the leisure industry. For India, Cruise Shipping is emerging as an opportunity to commercialize operations as well as promote tourism. The geographical stretch of India comprises a vast and beautiful coastline, virgin forests, undisturbed idyllic islands, rich cultural and historical heritage. In this way, India has the potential to take on Cruise Shipping in a big way.
On 5th September 2021, the Varanasi-Chunar cruise commenced with its maiden ride from Ravidas Ghat in Varanasi to Chunar Fort in Mirzapur. Alaknanda is the first-ever ro-ro luxury cruise service that is aimed to take tourists traveling to Varanasi on a day-long cruise ride on the river Ganga. Varanasi, also known as Kashi or Banaras, is one of the most eminent and renowned religious destinations of India. The cruise will take tourists to all 84 Ghats of Varanasi on a religious ride.
Know about the luxury ro-ro cruise service:
The 30 meters Alaknanda Cruise was inaugurated in 2018 by the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, Yogi Adityanath. The operations of the luxury cruise at Varanasi are managed by a start-up cruise line of Kolkata, Nordic Cruise Line. On Sunday, a twin-engine vessel cruise that is 55 meters long was flagged off by the Varanasi divisional commissioner and the directors of Alaknanda Cruise Line. The cruise services on the holy Ganga have been operational by Alaknanda Cruiseline for the last two years. This cruise has the capacity of accommodating 110 passengers in one go.
Some of the salient features of the cruise that makes it ‘Luxury’ includes:
- Consisting of 2,000sq.ft, this luxury ship is a double-decker
- The lower deck of the ship is air-conditioned
- Bio-toilets are available on both the floors of the luxury cruise
- The cruise provides special local food items for the tourists
- With the scenic view, the cruise also shows the Varanasi & Ganga aarti in the morning
The Major Inclusions on the trip:
- Cruise Tour from Varanasi to Chunar Fort and back
- Stop-over at School Tankeshwar Mahadev Temple for Darshan
- Guided tour of Chunar Fort
- Breakfast, Lunch, and High-Tea (veg. only) will be served on board
- Live Music on Cruise
- Activities, games, and lucky draws organized onboard
According to the people operating, all necessary precautions will be taken and protocols will be followed on the cruise against Covid-19.