Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Mumbai Civic Body Chief directs BMC officials for strict implementation of COVID-19 protocol

Mumbai Civic Body chief Iqbal Singh Chahal today directed the BMC officials for the strict implementation of COVID-19 protocol. Admitting that there has been an uptick in fresh cases of COVID-19 in the metropolis, Mr. Chahal said that those residential apartments which have more than five cases of viral infection such buildings are sealed. Movement of residents who wants to step out will not be allowed to do so.

Similarly, those from outside will also not get access into the building. Besides, Mr. Chahal also directed the police to deploy their personnel outside the sealed buildings. AIR correspondent reports that, in a review meeting on COVID-19 situation held in Mumbai, the BMC Commissioner also took cognizance of people averse to wear face mask and not maintaining social distance. He instructed all the 24 Administrative Departments in the financial capital to penalize those who are found without facemask. He also directed the Mumbai police to intensify their drive against people who are not wearing mask.

Mr. Chahal said that considering the fear of third wave of novel coronavirus he directed the civic officials to sanitize public toilets in all the 24 wards five times a day. Highlighting the positive aspect of 74 per cent above 18 years have taken the first dose of vaccine in the metropolis, he said, all necessary steps to inoculate remaining 26 per cent population should be done in a steadfast manner.

- Advertisement -spot_img
Latest news
Related news