In Mumbai, fifteen persons were injured, five of them seriously, after an LPG cylinder exploded and caused a minor fire at a shanty at Dharavi slum today. According to a BMC official, five of them have suffered critical injuries in the incident, one is an eight-year-old boy. The LPG cylinder which was kept just outside one of the shanties exploded and led a level one (minor) fire.
Fifteen persons suffered burn injuries and they were admitted to the nearby Sion Hospital. Three fire engines that were rushed to spot brought the blaze under control. During the probe, the fire brigade personnel found that gas was leaking from the cylinder and hence it was kept outside the shanty.