Monday, September 27, 2021

Decision to resume Mumbai suburban train services will be taken by CM Uddhav Thackeray: Maharashtra Health Minister

Maharashtra Health Minister Rajesh Tope on Thursday said that the decision to resume Mumbai suburban train services for the general public will be taken by Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray. Addressing the media, he said that the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) will give its suggestions to the Chief Minister in this regard. He said the Chief Minister is having a meeting with the Prime Minister via video-conferencing tomorrow. He added that the state government will work on the suggestions which will be given by the center in the meeting tomorrow.

Amid the rising demand for allowing Mumbai local train travel for people who have taken both doses of the vaccine, Maharashtra Health Minister Rajesh Tope today said that the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation and the task force will give its suggestion on this and positive decision will be taken. Regarding unlocking in the state, the health minister said that at present all the districts of the state are in level-3. He said the state’s 92 per cent caseload is in 10 districts while the remaining 8 per cent caseload is spread over 26 districts. He added that although the Covid curve has flattened in the state but the number of daily cases has not gone down completely which is a matter of concern. On vaccination, Tope said the state’s capacity is to vaccinate 10-15 lakh people daily, but as of now only 3 to four lakh people are being inoculated in a day due to the shortage of vaccine doses. He added that if the vaccine doses are supplied properly and consistently, the target of vaccinating the entire eligible population can be achieved at the earliest. He informed that today the state has received 9 lakh doses of vaccine.

- Advertisement -
Latest news

Lewis Hamilton becomes first F1 driver in history to record 100 victories

Lewis Hamilton became the first Formula-one driver ever to reach 100 wins after he finished first at Russian Grand Prix on Sunday. The seven-time...

J&K Tourism Department organizes Musical Evening at Sher-e-Kashmir International Convention Centre in Srinagar

Jammu and Kashmir Tourism Department has organized a Musical Evening at Sher-e-Kashmir International Convention Centre, SKICC in Srinagar to commemorate World Tourism Day, to...

Tamil Nadu CM visits various vaccination camps in Chennai

Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M.K. Stalin on Sunday visited various vaccination camps in Chennai which is a part of the third mega vaccination drive...

Indian Air Force conducts air show over Dal Lake

In Jammu and Kashmir, as part of ongoing celebrations commemorating ‘Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav’, Air Force Station Srinagar conducted an air show over the...
Related news

Lewis Hamilton becomes first F1 driver in history to record 100 victories

Lewis Hamilton became the first Formula-one driver ever to reach 100 wins after he finished first at Russian Grand Prix on Sunday. The seven-time...

J&K Tourism Department organizes Musical Evening at Sher-e-Kashmir International Convention Centre in Srinagar

Jammu and Kashmir Tourism Department has organized a Musical Evening at Sher-e-Kashmir International Convention Centre, SKICC in Srinagar to commemorate World Tourism Day, to...

Tamil Nadu CM visits various vaccination camps in Chennai

Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M.K. Stalin on Sunday visited various vaccination camps in Chennai which is a part of the third mega vaccination drive...

Indian Air Force conducts air show over Dal Lake

In Jammu and Kashmir, as part of ongoing celebrations commemorating ‘Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav’, Air Force Station Srinagar conducted an air show over the...