Delhi International Airport Limited (DIAL), launched a designated COVID-19 vaccination centre at the arrival forecourt of Terminal 3.
· DIAL’s move will provide an opportunity for vaccination at the workplace to over 60,000 employees of various stakeholders working as part of the Delhi Airport’s ecosystem. For this, DIAL has tied up with Manipal Hospital–one of India’s reputed hospitals—to inoculate the frontline airport staff of airlines, cargo business, ground handling agencies, Air Traffic Control etc.
· DIAL has tied up with Manipal Hospital to carry out vaccination drive.
· Priority to those airport staff, who deal with passengers. Initial few days saw good turnout of people for the jab.
· All staff who are 18+ years of age can register themselves and take the COVISHIELD vaccination at this centre.
· The government has identified aviation as a priority sector and those working there should be considered as priority group for vaccination, this current effort by DIAL is in line with that.
· Employees who have not been vaccinated will have to register themselves on the Government of India’s website COWIN.GOV.IN or through the Aarogya Setu app only. Following which, employees can visit the vaccination centre, between 10 AM to 5 PM and get themselves inoculated on payment basis–through their employer or directly by themselves.
· DIAL has also set up a registration centre, waiting lounge, and an observation lounge for those who have been vaccinated. Apart from these, there would be provision of doctors and an ambulance to deal with any emergency.
· As per the COVID protocol, nobody would be allowed to enter the vaccination centre without registration and thermal screening.
· Since the outbreak of the pandemic, DIAL has proactively supported its employees in need. It is conducting free weekly RT-PCR tests of its staff. It also extended all kind of assistance in case of any staff facing emergency situations including the need for hospitalization, oxygen or medicines, etc.
“Delhi Airport and its staff have been on the forefront ever since the outbreak of pandemic. All airport staff, including that of stakeholders, worked round-the-clock to ensure airport remains operational. They provided much needed support to the country and the countrymen during the lockdown. We have launched the vaccination drive for these COVID warriors who are part of the airport’s ecosystem to save them from this dreaded virus. We hope this will help them in protecting them and their families from this pandemic,” said CEO-DIAL Videh Kumar Jaipuriar