India started the vaccination drive on 16 January 2021 to fight the ongoing coronavirus. After over 3 months, the country has kickstarted phase III of the world’s largest vaccination drive. The third phase will cover individuals aged 18 to 44 years. India’s COVID-19 Vaccination drive has covered nearly 15.5 Cr citizens till 1 May 2021. The first lot of Sputnik V vaccines from Russia also arrived in India on 1 May 2021, further strengthening the vaccination drive.
Individuals must register themselves on the Co-WIN portal, Aarogya Setu and Umang App to get vaccinated. The whole process will be tracked on the Co-WIN app. The individuals with the appointment will only be given the vaccine shot. This step ensures overcrowding and effective functioning of the vaccination drive.
Phase III Vaccination drive updates
Phase III of the vaccination drive is undergoing across different states like Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, and others. Some states and areas have a shortage of vaccines. But the central government on 1 May 2021 announced that it has provided more than 16.37 crore vaccine doses to States/Union Territories free of cost which will speed up the vaccination process of phase III.
A total of 16,65,22,287 people have registered for vaccination of which 26,42,933 people registered on 1 May 2021 (till 2:25 PM).
It is advised that individuals must take vaccinations and do not get afraid of the vaccine. Taking a vaccine will help in fighting the COVID-19 virus and all should play their part in this common fight. One should also take care of social distancing and mask if going out for essential work. Double masking is also one way of keeping an individual safe from the deadly virus.
Registration is a must – register soon
In order to get vaccinated, individuals need to register themself on the Co-WIN portal, Aarogya Setu and Umang App. Following is the process of registration:
– Visit the Co-WIN website and click on Register/Sign in yourself.
– Add your mobile number and click on Get OTP. After receiving the OTP, type the digits on the site, and click on ‘Verify’.
– Enter all your details, including photo ID proof, name, gender, and year of birth on the ‘Register for Vaccination’ page. Once this is done, hit Register.
– After you register, you will get the option to schedule an appointment. Click on ‘Schedule’ next to the name of the person registered.
– Add your pin code and click on Search. The centres in the added pin code will appear.
– Select the date and time and click on ‘Confirm’.