Due to the growing number of coronavirus cases in the country, several states and union territories have put in place partial to complete lockdowns.
Here is an overview of the current lockdown situation in various parts of the country.
1. J&K- Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir has imposed complete lockdown in all 20 districts in the Union Territory from Friday, April 30. Earlier, 11 districts had imposed corona curfew from April 29 to May 3 from 7 PM to 7 AM in 11 districts.
Srinagar, Anantnag, Baramulla, Budgam, Kulgam, Pulwama, Ganderbal, Jammu, Kathya, Reasi, and Udhampur districts are among those under curfew. However, essential services have been exempted from the lockdown.
2. Tripura- Tripura has announced a corona night curfew between 10 PM to 5 AM in the Agartala Municipal Corporation area. The curfew will remain in effect till May 31, 2021. However, essential services will be exempted from the curfew.
3. Nagaland- The Nagaland government, too has imposed strict restrictions from April 30 to May 14 to prevent the coronavirus cases from increasing. The state has also announced summer vacations for school and college students.
4. Manipur- The government of Manipur on April 29 declared covid-19 restrictions in the whole Greater Imphal area as the state registered 314 new cases on Thursday, April 29, the biggest spike since January. It has also announced summer vacations for school students starting May 1 to May 31.
5. Maharashtra- Maharashtra extended the duration of complete lockdown till May 15 in the state. The lockdown has been in place since 8 PM, April 14.
Section 144 of the CrPC Act has also been imposed to prevent the gathering of people in the State.
6. Delhi- In Delhi, the week-long curfew imposed on April 19 has been extended till May 3. During this time, essential services will not be affected.
7. Karnataka- Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa announced a 14-day lockdown that started on Tuesday, April 27 at 9 PM. The state has also fixed a time period of 6 AM to 10 AM for essential services.
8. Haryana- Haryana government on April 30 announced weekend lockdown in several districts in the state, including Panchkula, Gurugram, Faridabad, Sonipat, Rohtak, Karnal, Hisar, Sirsa, and Fatehabad from 10 PM till 5 AM on May 3, 2021.
9. Rajasthan- In Rajasthan, lockdown restrictions came into force on April 19 and will remain effective till May 3. These restrictions are called ‘Jan Anushasan Pakhwada’ or Public Discipline Fortnight in the state.
10. Madhya Pradesh – Madhya Pradesh has extended the corona curfew till May 7. At present, districts like Bhopal, Indore are under corona curfew. The Madhya Pradesh government has also suspended bus services to Uttar Pradesh during this period.
11. Uttar Pradesh- Uttar Pradesh will go under lockdown from Friday, April 30, 8 PM till 7 AM on May 4. All essential services will be allowed during the weekend lockdown, vaccination drive will continue and only 50 and 20 people have been allowed to attend marriage and funeral ceremony.
12. Jharkhand- Jharkhand has extended the lockdown by 7 days more. The state will now remain under complete lockdown till May 6.
13. Tamil Nadu- On Thursday, April 29, the Tamil Nadu government extended the night curfew and Sunday lockdown till further notice. The curfew will now be in place till May.
14. Leh- The administration of Union Territory of Ladakh announced ‘Weekend Covid Curfew’ across Leh from 9 PM, April 30 to 5 AM on May 3. During this time, government employees will be allowed to commute, emergency and essential services will not get affected by the restrictions.