A- A A+
Last Updated : Jul 8 2020 3:32PM     Screen Reader Access
News Highlights
Cabinet approves extension of Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana upto November this year            Record number of more than 2,62,000 COVID tests conducted in single day since outbreak of pandemic in India            Strict lockdown in Containment zones of West Bengal from 5 pm tomorrow            Home Ministry sets up inter-ministerial committee to coordinate probe into alleged violations by 3 Gandhi Family Trusts            International Cricket is back in action; 1st test match between England, West Indies to be played at Ageas Bowl, London today           

National News

May 15, 2020
8:50PM

Rajnath Singh approves launch of Defence Testing Infrastructure Scheme

@rajnathsingh
In order to give a boost to domestic defence and aerospace  manufacturing, Defence minister Rajnath Singh has approved the  launch of Defence Testing Infrastructure Scheme (DTIS) with an outlay of 400 crore rupees for creating state of the art testing infrastructure for this sector.

The Scheme would run for the duration of five years and envisages to set up six to eight new Test Facilities in partnership with private industry. This will facilitate indigenous defence production, consequently reduce imports of military equipment and help make the country self-reliant

The projects under the Scheme will be provided with up to 75 percent government funding in the form of Grant-in-Aid . Our correspondent reports, the remaining 25 per cent of the project cost will have to be borne by the Special Purpose Vehicle whose constituents will be Indian private entities and State Governments. 


   Related News

Live Twitter Feed

Listen News

Morning News 8 (Jul) Midday News 8 (Jul) Evening News 7 (Jul) Hourly 8 (Jul) (1500hrs)
समाचार प्रभात 8 (Jul) दोपहर समाचार 8 (Jul) समाचार संध्या 7 (Jul) प्रति घंटा समाचार 8 (Jul) (1310hrs)
Khabarnama (Mor) 8 (Jul) Khabrein(Day) 8 (Jul) Khabrein(Eve) 7 (Jul)
Aaj Savere 8 (Jul) Parikrama 7 (Jul)

Listen Programs

Market Mantra 7 (Jul) Samayki 6 (Jul) Sports Scan 23 (Mar) Spotlight/News Analysis 7 (Jul) Samachar Darshan 22 (Mar) Radio Newsreel 21 (Mar)
    Public Speak

    Country wide 12 (Mar) Surkhiyon Mein 7 (Jul) Charcha Ka Vishai Ha 11 (Mar) Vaad-Samvaad 17 (Mar) Money Talk 17 (Mar) Current Affairs 6 (Mar) Sanskrit Saptahiki 5 (Jul)
  • Money Matters 22 (Mar)
  • International News 22 (Mar)
  • Press Review 23 (Mar)
  • From the States 23 (Mar)
  • Let's Connect 22 (Mar)
  • 360°- Ek Parivesh 23 (Mar)
  • Know Your Constitution 30 (Jan)
  • Ek Bharat Shreshta Bharat 22 (Mar)
  • Sanskriti Darshan 23 (Mar)
  • Fit India New India 23 (Mar)
  • Weather Report 21 (Mar)
  • North East Diaries 22 (Mar)
  • 150 Years of Bapu 22 (Mar)
  • Sector Specific Discussions 22 (Mar)